Roof and Gutter Leaks Repairs
No home owner out there wants to deal with leaky gutters or a leaky roof. Both of those issues can result in damage to your home and even worse, you are going to have to pay someone to fix them. But of course, you cannot just ignore these issues. If a leaky roof or leaky gutters are left unrepaired, they could end up doing even more damage to your home. There is some good news, however, which is that we offer premium roof and gutter repair services. That’s right, in addition to fixing plumbing and electrical issues, we also the best roof repair and gutter repair services in the greater Sydney area.
Issues that can be caused by leaky gutters
- Water that leaks from your gutters can drop directly on top of your home’s foundation, which can then lead to your home’s foundation being damaged. Furthermore, the water can potentially seep into your cellar or your basement.
- The water from leaky gutters can seep into your home, where it will start to cause mold growth. Mold is both extremely toxic and expensive to remove.
What causes leaky gutters?
- Lack of maintenance: Gutters need to be regularly cleaned and maintained. It can be a massive hassle to clean gutters regularly, but if it is not done then you risk having the gutters start to leak.
- Clogged gutters: Gutters naturally accumulate large amounts of filth over time. Dirt, leaves, mud, sticks, and a wide variety of other types of debris slowly accumulate in your gutters. If your gutters are cleaned regularly, then you do not have to worry about them getting clogged. But, if the buildup of debris is not stopped, then eventually the gutters will be clogged and water will start to leak over the edge of the gutters.
- Damaged gutters: Gutters can start leaking if they get damaged. Small pools of water can start to form in your gutters, after a while, these pools of water put enough pressure on your gutters to start causing cracks. The cracks will usually appear on the joints of the gutters.
- Loose gutters: As you would expect, loose gutters are likely to leak. Some gutters are not installed as tightly as they should be. Other gutters are installed properly, but over time forces such as rain and wind push them loose. Either way, loose gutters will start to leak heavily. Thankfully, they are also fairly easy to fix. Also, certain parts of the gutters, namely the joints, are more likely than other parts of the gutters to be poorly installed.
Issues that can be caused by leaky roofs
- Damage to attics and upper rooms in your home: One of the big issues that you need to be careful of when you have a leaky roof is the fact that the water can leak through the roof and into your attic, where it will cause damage to wooden structures inside your attic. Plus, there is a strong possibility that the water will go through the attic and start damaging the ceilings of rooms in the top part of your house.
- Damage to electrical wires: Many people have electrical wiring running through the top part of their homes, either through their attic or through some of the upper rooms of their house. Either way, this wiring could get wet, which could short out the wiring, which could then lead to an electrical fire.
- Mold and mildew growth: Much like with leaky gutters, leaky roofs can result in mold and mildew growing in your attic or in your ceiling. This mold and mildew could spread to other parts of your home if not treated quickly. Likewise, the mold and mildew can also present a health hazard to those who spend a lot of time in the top part of the house.
- Structural issues: Leaky roofs can damage the wood in the top part of your house, which can lead to your home having structural issues.
What causes leaky roofs?
- Father Time: Simply put, the materials that prevent water from getting into your roof start to degrade over time. This process can be faster if you live in an area with heavy rainfall. Over time, the materials will degrade enough that water can start to leak through.
- Damaged shingles: Roof shingles can get damaged fairly easily. Once they are damaged they lose the ability to keep out water.
- Rusted roof valleys: A roof valley is the “v” shaped part of the roof. These v-shaped areas are filled with metal channels to help direct water away from the roof. Sometimes these can get rusted and will thus become ineffective at protecting your roof from water.
- Improperly installed chimneys and skylights: Some people will get chimneys and skylights installed on their roofs. If these are installed properly, then there will be no issues. But, sometimes they are not installed properly, this leads to water seeping through gaps.
What we do for you
So, why should Sydney residents give us a call if they are suffering from leaky gutters or a leaky roof? We know that there are a lot of other places that you can go to get gutters repaired and leaky roofs patched up, but we are confident that our technicians are the best around. Here are just some of the services that we offer:
- Trained technicians: Our experts will be able to quickly identify why your roof or gutter is leaking and they will be able to quickly fix it. We understand that when it comes to leaky roofs and gutters that time is of the essence, which is why our experts aim to get the problem fixed as quickly as possible.
- Around the clock customer service: Our staff is on call 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- Expert maintenance: Not only will we repair your roof and gutters, we will also work with you to make sure that they stay in tip-top-shape.
You can find a list of the best roof repairers in Sydney here.
So please, if you feel like you need roof and gutter repair, do not hesitate to give us a call.